Friday 16 March 2007

Long Weights Session

I had a fair bit of catch up work to do today. Am supposed to be training 20-30 mins four days a week, but because I had only been in one other day this week, today I completed about 2.5 days' worth of sessions.

Upper body:
  • Chin-ups - 2, 2x1.5 - one of my personal goals for this year is to be able to complete a full set of 8-12 chin ups. As you can see I have a long way to go given I'm averaging at only 1.5 so far (or round that down to 1)
  • "Floor" chin-ups - these are a way easier version - 3x10
  • Lat pull-downs - 90 (I think that's pounds?) - 8, 2x6
  • DB clean & press - 2x15p - 3x8
  • BB shoulder raises (? can't remember what this one's called) - 15kg, 8 then17.5kg, 2x8
  • SB tricep dips - 3x10
  • tricep push-downs - 40 - 8, 2x6
It's nice to be getting some shoulder work into my program... maybe it'll buff me up a little so my arms don't look so skinny :)

Lower body:
  • Squats - bar+35kg (55kg) - 2x10, then bar+37.5kg - 1x10. I think next time I will up this to 40kg, see how I go.
  • 45degree leg press - 100kg - 3x10. These were pretty easy, upping to 120kg next time.
Abs:
  • SB bridge - 30s, 2x45s - wow these are much more difficult than the standard one on the floor. By 20s I was already shaking!
  • SB curls - 3x10
At the moment my workouts are taking a little longer than usual. Still trying to figure out what weights to use - high enough to get me a little fatigued but not so high that I kill myself dropping something on my neck or pull a muscle.

No comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro