Monday 26 March 2007

Rest Day

Sore. Stiff. Hammies and hip flexors especially. Ouch.

Dan told me this week to not do any training on Friday or Saturday (two days before the big race), not even an aerobics class or gym workout. Wow, that is going to be a different feeling.

It feels odd thinking that this week I am supposed to take it easy, and not due to laziness, but because I am supposed to be the freshest I can be for Sunday. Most of the time if I miss trainings or workouts it's either laziness (e.g. sleeping in, can't be bothered) or busy-ness (e.g. worked late). This week it's all in the plan.

I'm actually looking forward to a week of less training! Heh heh, laziness kicking in slightly already.

The best part: next week I have every incentive to get right back into it because The Great Train Race is only 5 weeks after this race. Last year, after my first race (8km - how short that distance seems in comparison to this coming weekend!) I slacked off big time and it took almost 3 weeks before I got back into things. Not this time!

No comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro