Saturday 7 April 2007

This Week

I have been too busy to blog this week. Quick summary of the entire week:

Sunday 1 April:
Run for the Kids - ran 15.2km in 90 minutes. Read about it here.

Monday & Tuesday:
Post-race apathy, didn't do any exercise - no running, no weights.

Wednesday:
Tried to break out of post-race apathy, went for a short run in Brighton right before my class, it was about 20mins and speed was moderate so assuming it was my average pace it must have been about 3kms, maybe a little more.

Thursday:
Ran my usual route backwards, 5.6km. It was cold. And it drizzled slightly so I was also a little wet. The cold weather is good to keep me running because I know as soon as I stop I will be cold. Nice little bit of motivation there for me.

Friday:
Had planned to do nothing, seeing as it was Good Friday and I was still feeling apathetic. But I woke up at 6am, knew I would not be able to get back to sleep so decided in that moment to go for a long run. Ran 10km! But I was a bit slow, it took me 71 mins. However, it did mean that I was able to really enjoy my breakfast that morning with friends at Las Chicas in East St Kilda. Yum!

Today:
30-40 min Marine Workout this morning with James, Asher, Brian and Carina. This was a series of nine 30 second exercises ~ three types of pushups, three types of sit ups/crunches, three types of leg work ~ with a short jog in between each exercise and a sprint at the end. Did the whole thing twice, followed with some chin-ups. i still can't do more than two chin ups unassisted. But one day I will be able to do ten!

Tomorrow:
Running Group at 4pm. Hopefully that will mark the definite end of my post-race apathetic week as we have a time trial.

No comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro