Wednesday 13 June 2007

Since 3 May...

...I have done HEAPS. Ran my first half marathon 20 May, time completed was 2:21:36.2. Read about it here.

Since the half marathon I have been training with my friend Nyasha to prepare her for her first race - the 10km Run to the G. It's this weekend. So I've been running semi-regularly ~ two to three times per week. Nowhere near the same intensity as when I was preparing for the marathon.

Which is probably a good thing. It's sort of a recovery period for me, if you want to look at it from a periodisation point of view. Once I settle into a new routine with work and have all my assignments and exams out of the way I'll be able to re-focus on a new goal.

As for my resistance training, part of my new job has included being trained there "as a client" in order to gain firsthand experience as to what it's like to be a client of each of the trainers. So I've been going in to my local gym only once a week and doing some light stuff, saving myself up for the training sessions so I can go harder there. The sessions I've been doing on my own have been more of a play around, experimenting with all the new exercises i've been learning.

Some new exercises I've found intriguing, challenging, and effective:
- Single leg dead lifts using a Smith machine
- Swiss ball pikes
- L sits
- Working with gymnastics rings

No comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro